Jun 24, 2010

New Camera + Old Art

Better quality photo of Starstruck from This Post.

Guess who just got a new camera ITWASME

It's a Sony (I love Sony), I don't know exactly what model. I don't pay attention to that kind of thing. But it's blue and it's amazing. The screen is absolutely enormous. I would take a picture of it but...that's kind of hard. Without, like, a really difficult arrangement of mirrors and such. I'd use my old camera but that bitch has been REJECTED.
When I turn off the flash, instead of making everything hella blurry, it just kind of...softens things. It's hard to explain. Here, I'll show an example.

Yeah, yeah, I have a huge forehead. I know.
This was taken yesterday without the flash. The thumbnail looks fine, but if you blow it up, you can see how "soft" the picture looks. Which isn't a bad thing, exactly. I really like how the colors came out. With my old camera, I'd be just a blur of grays and browns.

Well, here's some art that I couldn't upload because I had no way of getting a decent digital file until now.


This assignment came out very odd. It was a better idea in my head. The glass is too white and you can't even tell those are hands inside the hourglasses.


Here the assignment was to draw ourselves while we were drawing. Or draw someone else while he/she was drawing. But since I'm lonely and I don't talk to people, I grabbed a mirror and drew myself. I wear that same jacket every day. OTL


This was my favorite out of all the things I did during Intermediate Drawing. We basically had to gather up a bunch of knickknacks and arrange them with a good composition and draw them. Here I have a rubber duck, a candle, sunglasses, a sharpie, a magnetic bracelet, one of those backpack hook things, and a metal cat. Yes, a metal cat.
I liked this because it helped me see more things relative to what it's next to and to help learn to add details better.


For my Buri Hamachi video, I've taken a short break on that, but it's more than halfway finished. I'm almost done coloring all the frames. All I need to do is create a background and then arrange it in the animation.

I've started on my very first canvas piece. I'll post a WIP sometime after it doesn't look like a green sea monster (it really does). For now I'm off to play Sims.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I never noticed the hands. Pretty cool. And for some reason the first thing I think of when I think of not human hands is Elfen Lied adfkljaldkf oAo.

    You're so good at shading ;A; and much better at doing realistic stuff than me. See 4th and 5th picture for details.

    ReplyDelete