Jun 20, 2010

Hello Fascination

Hey, there! Just updating with a thing or two.

The sketch for this drawing was made in early May. In College Algebra. We basically had like a week of free days. So I just cranked up Breathe Carolina and drew to them. The sketch was the result. About a week ago, I decided to finish it. I inked and colored with Prismacolor pencils.

Please note that I didn't know anything about anatomy and proportions when I sketched this. They are utterly hideous.
I have no freaking clue who these people are, they just came from my imagination. And I don't know why I dressed them in odd clothing. She's dressed for winter and he's ready for summer. And the color scheme(s) is(are) funky.

Inspired by this song: -LINK-

The background was inspired by the album artwork, and the drawing itself is inspired by the last 50 seconds or so of Hello Fascination, the "whoa-oh-oh" part. I have no idea why. My inspiration is few and far between, and from odd things. OTL


This is a (very, very rough) sketch for a drawing I'm going to do. I've already received a few suggestions on DeviantART, but I would still like to get as much critique as possible before continuing.
I plan to finish this on canvas with mixed media. Hopefully. *Gulp* I've never done anything on canvas before, but with the new supplies and stuff, I'm feeling confident that there's nothing to be afraid of. It's just really thick paper made of fabric...sort of...not really... >_>; I fail at making myself feel better... OTL

Let me know if there are any changes that could be made to make it better. :)

This piece is very special to me, as it carries a meaning that I feel very strongly about. I'll talk more about it when it's finished.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing about canvas is that there isn't an 'undo' option (obviously :P ), but that is really the only intimidating part about it. You'll do fine.

    By the way, is that a sketch for one of the AP works we've been assigned for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hey. Yeah, I've started something on a canvas now. It's just pastel right now, but I'll probably add some chalk and some paint, too.

    No, it's just an idea I've had in my head for a while. I might add it to my portfolio or not, depending on how it comes out in the end. The only AP work I've done so far is sketch out a few things and brainstorm for my "book." From what I understand, we don't really have anything specific to do, other than the book, as long as we have about 5 to start the semester with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool— mixing lots of media is always enjoyable.

    If it turns out well, I'd suggest adding it. Looks like it could have lots of interesting details/effects that you could show off. :)

    Yeah, he didn't give us anything specific to do— just five finished pieces and the book, like you said. I've got my book almost finished, one digital painting finished and two pieces in the later concept/moving on to digital phase.

    ReplyDelete