Oct 11, 2010

Together We Can

That's the theme for a new AP Studio project.
I like the idea for this theme. I've proposed a solution or two.

The first idea is "Together we can survive."
This goes along with the idea of fighting mental illness, a subject for which I'm very passionate. I need to draw up some sketches. My idea for this is having two people sit next to each other, holding hands. Each person is scarred, bandaged, and bruised. And the other person is the only thing keeping them alive. The finished drawing would only show the hands and laps of the people sitting.

The second idea is "Together we can fly."
This is a bit more lighthearted than my first idea. Two people are standing together, facing away from the viewer, with their arms entwined, holding hands. Each person has one wing on their back, and seems to be missing the other.

Thinking about composition, I think the first idea would work better. With the second idea, I'm unsure of what I would put in the background in front of the people. I kind of want the back to be just a solid color, to allow the foreground to speak for itself. However, I think this would upset the balance. Or something.

I dunno. I like both ideas. If I don't do one for the assignment, I'll probably do the other just as a personal project.


I love being inspired. ;u; Doesn't happen very often.

3 comments:

  1. Yay inspiration! :D ...Did you write this in 3rd block? XD

    Your first idea got me thinking. If it was me, I would probably make it "together we can breathe" and show their heads as not actually heads but as some kind of linked amorphous thought blob drifting away in the air (breathing) and make them share a foot or something (like siamese twins at the foot) and make one a guy and one a girl and have them sitting in a locked dungeon but the top part of the picture would be a nebula and stars in space and I'd probably try to use 3 totally random colors like orange, pink, and green or something and wow this is quite the run-on but yeah your idea got my crazy mind thinking. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. xD Hey, I'm an entire module ahead of everyone else in the class, so I have room to slack off.

    That's a cool idea. :D Siamese twins. Kinda eerie, but pretty interesting at the same time.
    I settled on the second one, though. I already took reference pictures and sketched some stuff. I need to NOT procrastinate this time. asdfklj;alk;j

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 2nd one too. :D I probably like it better, actually. Haha, good luck not procrastinating, I'm not having any luck right now, I have a paper to write XD

    ReplyDelete