Apr 18, 2010

Well, hi.

Hnnnnnnnggggghhhhhhh

Hello. Been a while, yeah.

I need to draw more often, even if it's just a little meaningless sketch. The most drawing I've been doing as of late is just little doodles on the sides of my algebra notes.
My depression has come back...it's not horrible, but it's just enough to make me lose interest in enjoyable activities.
So yes, I'm blaming my not-drawing on my serotonin imbalance. :D

I'm kind of stuck in a rut at this point. I don't want to draw at all. It's sad. My biggest fear at this point is that I'll be stuck like this forever, and drawing will be a chore for me.

So I'm trying new things...experimenting with my style, trying new media, doing anatomy studies...anything as long as I'm drawing, really. I'm desperate at this point.

Here's a WIP that I'm working on.


It will make more sense when I start finishing it.
My digital art method is kind of strange. I start with light blue for the rough sketch, then go over it with gray on the parts that I want to keep, and finally ink over all of it in black. Then color it, etc. That's why when it's at this stage, there could be 3 different colors I'm working with at the same time OTL.

There's something about her arm that bothers me...her right one (viewer's left). I think the anatomy is okay, but the angle looks strange...I dunno, I'll figure it out. Let me know if you think you know what's wrong with it. I could use some feedback. ^^;
The away side of her face also bothers me a little bit, but I think I know how to fix it.

Ilu, Charity.♥




Some beautiful artwork Takara drew of me and her:


The story behind this is that we were talking about what age we'll be on our next birthday. I'll be 17 and she'll be 16. Both of our birthdays are within a week of each other. We just kept saying "17 what the hell" and "16 what the hell" back and forth for like 5 minutes. She explained how she could just picture us sitting on the floor shouting it back and forth. :'D I told her to draw it and she did.
ur ossim, takara. you know that rite.♥

Okay, well, I have homework that I should do. Kbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment